Career Opportunity: Account Manager/Business Development for our Chicago Location
Purpose: Maintain and expand the corporate image of excellence through sales of quality products and services, servicing the customers’ needs, and providing open lines of communication to our clients. Increase knowledge of customer service techniques and sales of quality products and services. Provide input to sales team members and mentoring of new members as required.
1. Minimum five years experience in sales.
2. Two-years experience in field landscape maintenance procedures or equivalent.
3. Two-years experience in field construction procedures or equivalent.
4. Degree in the horticulture-related field or extensive horticulture training.
Major Objectives to be Accomplished:
1. Produce budgeted sales of new maintenance, enhancement, and snow contracts.
2. Provide accurate job setup and follow-through for all contracts sold.
3. Maintain and grow large profile/portfolio client relationships through monthly site visits and timely follow-up on requests.
4. Communication of client needs to maintenance, enhancements, and snow departments, as the primary contact person with the client.
5. Maintain renewal accounts for maintenance and snow clients in your portfolio.
Responsibilities and Essential Task Activities:
1. Proactively manage clients’ satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential challenges and monitoring satisfaction.
2. Provide project inspection, advisement, and coordination between client and maintenance, enhancement, and snowplow crews.
3. Develop and maintain quality repeat clientele and generate yearly renewal contracts.
4. Support public relations program through print materials, ads, website, press releases, award entries, photography schedules, trade shows, networking events
5. Involvement in snowplowing operations to include new sales, renewals, and liaison between client and snow manager.
6. Solicit new maintenance work through the approved sales process to include referrals and cold-calls, with a concentration within our existing property routes.
7. Majority of enhancement and design/build sales to be generated through current or prospective maintenance clients and through the completion of regular site analysis.
8. Support administration personnel in the collection of accounts receivable generated by your clientele.
9. Participate in all scheduled sales meetings and sales events.
Job Type: Full-time, M-F, year round
Salary: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Chicago, IL 60608: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Landscape: 2 years (Required)